Sunday, February 22, 2009

Vacation-Part of the Job; and an introduction to a new part of my blog



I traveled to Boston this past weekend (Valentines Day) to visit the girlfriend. Had an amazing time; I was there less than 4 days but it seems like a really fun and exciting place. One of my favorite parts of design, or any creative discipline for that matter, is that almost any experience can add to our creativity or have some sort of influence for our work. Going on a trip or vacation, experiencing new places, people, culture, art, music, or any thing really can influence and inspire us. A part of our design education that will continue forever, I think it is extremely important to nourish. Experience, in a broad sense, is a part of our job.

This brings me to a new part of my blog I want to start. It will be things that I think are in some way inspiring or exciting to me. For the most part I will provide little commentary or none at all; I want them to speak for themselves. It could be anything from photography, traditional art, an object, a place, or anything else. The only limit I want to put on this is that it will not be directly design related. One of the main reasons I blog is to become better at expressing my thoughts on design related things. So when those come up, I will talk about them more in depth; they will not be in this section. I want this new "inspire" section to be more of an image based part of my blog, similar to notcot.org and Black Bunneh Sees. Since I was just in Boston, the first few will be from there. They will start with the next post.
-enjoy

No comments: